You are planning a vacation for your family but want to fit everything in your budget, don’t you? You have your concentration on making it a budget vacation and want to reduce the costs wherever possible. Everyone will grab those budgetary domestic tour packages being provided by tour companies. Well, that is fine but the first place to start cutting costs would be the flight deals-getting cheap flight tickets. Now this is something which will require both patience and a bit of hard work on your part. There are certain tips which can help you to book air tickets cost-effectively.
1. The best tip is to book the tickets at least five to six weeks in advance. If you are going for international destinations then it is all the more better to book the tickets in advance. Why, you may ask. This is because the ticket prices are the lowest at that time and are bound to rise up afterwards.
2. The best days to book the domestic air tickets is Wednesday followed by Tuesday and Saturday. On these days the seats aren’t filled up easily. It has been commonly observed that these days are the least preferred to travel. So, there are better chances of landing some great flight tickets at low cost.
3. Morning flights are the cheapest. Yes, those 4a.m. flights are cheaper even if they are inconvenient. Another time slot is during the noon (during/after the lunch) and late night. However, this tip is more useful is for limited routes.
4. If you are searching out for cheap deals, look in the mornings. This is the time when most of the cheap flight tickets deals are announced by the airline companies. However, there are certain companies which release discount deals during the course of the day as well.
5. There are many websites that have information about the special air fares or discount flight deals. Check all of the ticket selling websites be it big or small like Expedia etc. You can also sign up for free alerts with the websites which provide such services. Whenever they get any info about Cheap Flight deals they will inform you immediately. Remember not to stick with a single website. Sign up with a few sites and you are bound to land some great deals.
6. If you are a frequent flyer then this tip is for you. Become an elite member of the airline’s frequent flier program. In this way you get a preference over other travelers. Also, a credit card tied to the airline will get you more benefits. If you normally travel on a single airline then this tip will be very useful.
7. You can also take the help of a travel company. They can search for the best deals much quicker than you expect. They also have deals and packages which you won’t find on the websites.